Thursday, August 31, 2006

Mystery?

The last day of the month is upon us. August certainly passed quickly! And I will be out in the park early this morning, getting in another training day in preparation for the two marathons in October. I was a little bit worried about doing marathons with only one week to recuperate between them…and then I read about Dean Karnazes. He will be beginning his challenge of running 50 marathons, back to back, in 50 days and in 50 states. (Google his name for more info…)

I have no doubt that he can do it. He has already accomplished some amazing running feats and one marathon each day will certainly challenge him, but shouldn’t defeat him. But what intrigues me about this story is the fact that all of this will cost a lot of money. 50 airplane tickets, 50 hotel rooms, 50 rental cars, etc, etc, and the only clue to his profession and wealth comes from this, “a professional windsurfer…” A what?

No comments:

Post a Comment