Tuesday, August 15, 2006

O/C

Tis a good morning! I have a coffee maker that works and I’m sipping on the first cup. I bought a very simple one this time, a Mr. Coffee brand (again) 12 cup with no bells and no whistles. It’s either on or it’s off. And the best part was the price; it was on sale at Target for just $17. For that kind of money, it only has to last a year and I will be satisfied. Let’s see…$17 divided by a year. That is less than a nickel a day, or .42 cents per cup!

Am I obsessed? Of course I am. It’s my nature and there is no sense in denying your nature. And now that the coffee pot no longer requires my full attention, I will move on and become obsessive over something else.

Like this news…
Bush Defends U.S. Handling of Lebanese Conflict, Asserting That Hezbollah Is the Loser
“President Bush spoke as he and his advisers sought to portray the cease-fire deal as an affirmation of American foreign policy.”

The man lives in his own little universe and reality never intrudes upon his consciousness.

Or this… “The government’s order that all airline passengers put their shoes through X-ray machines won’t help screeners find a liquid or gel that can be used as a bomb because the machines are unable to detect explosives, The AP reports.”

This is known as the “closing the barn door syndrome”. Because one “terrorist” tried to use his shoes as a bomb, we all have to take our shoes off before boarding a plane. I read one comment that noted that we’re all quite lucky that he didn’t try using his underwear as an explosive.

I have the perfect solution for all the hassles of flying these days; don’t do it! That’s simple and pain-free. Don’t buy a ticket. Don’t go to the airport and don’t get in line. Use your computer to make those business trips. Get in your car and see America. You could even use the phone. Reserve air travel for emergencies only. Once the government sees the lines disappearing and after a few of the more deserving airlines go out of business, maybe sanity will return to the travel industry.

Yes, I have a flight or two scheduled next month and I’m not going to cancel them. But I doubt that I will buy anymore tickets in the future. Some will say that by doing that, by avoiding travel, the terrorist win. Not even close…get a life! This has nothing to do with terrorism and has everything to do with common sense. Or the governments lack of same. I’m far more worried by the poor security that exists (or doesn’t exist at all) in thousands of more vital places in our country.

No comments:

Post a Comment