Friday, August 11, 2006

Positives and Negatives

That’s great! A cup of coffee and a quiet moment or two to enjoy it. The windows are all open and I can hear all of the sounds of an early morning. Birds, restless horses and crickets. And there is a full moon for me to enjoy as well.

The negative? I’m itching like crazy! Yesterday afternoon I foolishly wandered into the zucchini’s while wearing shorts and then compounded my error by reaching deep into the tomatoes to harvest a few more ripe ones. I thought that if I took a shower right away, I wouldn’t be affected. Wrong! My daughter told me that she thought the time of day had some relationship to the potency of the plants and from my latest experience; I would say it’s the afternoon. Harvest in the morning.

Or how about this for a solution; I’m giving away an idea for a great garden tool. Maybe it’s not really a tool? …it’s a set of long sleeves for your arms with loops attached. The loops would secure the sleeves onto your shoulders and the sleeves would end in a fingerless glove. I don’t know about you, but I can’t stand to pick fruit while wearing gloves. A glove without fingertips would serve to protect and still let you feel the fruit. You could make the sleeves in all sorts of “garden fashionable” fabrics. How much would you pay for a pair of “Garden Arms”, $10? $12? More? If you take my idea and make a million dollars, just send me a check for ten percent.

In the news…
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Oliver Stone's new film, "World Trade Center," got off to a promising start at the box office on Wednesday, grossing better-than-expected receipts of $4.4 million in its first day, Paramount Pictures executives said on Thursday.

I don’t get it. I won’t be seeing the film. Ever. Not in my lifetime. A movie only trivializes the unimaginable and turns the horror of that day into a “cash cow” for those who made the movie. I won’t be contributing $$$’s to reward the moral failings of Oliver Stone and his cast of actors. What happened on September 11th of 2001 was real. The movie? It’s only a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment