Saturday, August 5, 2006

Space Coast Progressive Alliance?

What an odd name for an organization...

Cammie Donaldson, grew up as a Republican, but became one of the founders of Space Coast Progressive Alliance. The following came from an interview I read this morning.

“Like a lot of people, I'm very disheartened by both parties and essentially independent. I'd love to see a revolution in the Democratic Party and if it started to happen, well, I might jump on board. . Our local Democratic Executive Committee has seen a big influx of new people with energy and ideas and we're all very heartened by that…”

“…I wouldn't want to be labeled conservative or liberal, and I think my mix of views on issues would challenge anyone trying to pigeonhole me. Most of our members would feel the same way. I believe strongly in the broad public interest and reform orientation of progressivism and consider myself fairly populist. I believe government is fundamentally how we cooperate to take care of ourselves as a society, and I'm neither anti-government nor pro "big government.”

That is what I like! I’m always happy to see that I’m not alone in my views and it’s even better when someone can articulate those views better than I can. I think I will join. (Of course not...I'm not a joiner.)

1 comment:

  1. I can become a democrat when they stop saying it is a right to kill babies. I am onboard with alot of the social justice issues. I know a democratic city council member in the south bay. He laments that pro small buisness democrats are on the outs in the party (which he is btw) because the money is coming from the large coporations. The most liberal of his party will take money from the Multinational Coprs while imposing tougher taxes and regulations on the small businessman. There is going to have to be some counter weight to corporate facism, labor seems to have stumbled.

    ReplyDelete