Monday, August 21, 2006

Survival of the Fittest

Will I survive? There are 2 more hours to go until I can get to the lab for a blood draw and the end of these 12 hours of fasting. In the meantime, there is no coffee for me…nothing at all! This certainly makes me cranky, so it’s probably best that I’m the only one awake.

I had but one complaint; an achy shoulder that bothered me…sometimes. Now I have blood tests, x-rays and physical therapy to endure. The shoulder wasn’t that bad! And now that I have visited a doctor, he has suggested all sorts of poking and prodding for me. All in the name of good health of course. Sigh.

The minutes pass slowly; I better check out the news to see if I can get my mind off of the missing coffee.

Here’s some news, but I don’t like it…"One meal high in saturated fat can impede the work of `good' cholesterol, impairing the ability of our blood vessels to react normally and protect against the build-up of damaging plaque."

Oh great! Now I find out…I’m having my blood cholesterol checked this morning and I had a big bowl of ice cream and cookies at yesterdays Ice Cream Social. And I had a good dinner of Shrimp and Grits on Saturday. The problem does not lie with the grits or the shrimp; it was the bacon that I added to it. As it is said; “you are what you eat.”

No comments:

Post a Comment