Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Cat

It’s the normal time of day for me, early, and I have my first cup of coffee down and it’s working to get my mind in gear. And while I type, I have to work around the cat in my lap. She is asleep and purring while I struggle with the keyboard here. In another minute or two she will have to move…I want that second cup! Sorry Boo…

Speaking of cats and especially this one; she was acting weird after her rescue from the veterinarian’s office. She wanted to stay close by and it wasn’t till later in the day that she ventured out into the garden. She spent some time out on the patio, basking in the sunshine, but would come over to the sliding door and peer in, apparently to make sure that we were still in there. She didn’t want in…just checking!

And the vet told me that she has picked one person in their office to bond with; the rest of the staff she scorns. Pretty much typical behavior for this kitty, and though she seems to like the two of us, she has no use for anyone else that visits…except, maybe, Meghan. Meghan has been able to convince Boo to hold still and to be petted.

I know she will be unhappy in a few more days when I take her back for boarding while we are in Portland/Seattle, but it’s unavoidable. I feel better knowing she is safe…

No comments:

Post a Comment