Saturday, September 2, 2006

Day Two

Life goes on. You celebrate for a day and then it’s time to get back to reality, whatever that is…And this morning the reality will be a long training walk in the park. This means I need an early start if I want to avoid the heat.

In September, “early” now means “later” as we get closer to fall and the time change. The sun doesn’t rise till 6:38 this morning and I won’t be able to start as early as I would like. And in the park there are two groups of people; those who use the sun to determine when to exercise and those who use a clock. Eventually we overlap and begin to crowd one another.

I have already experienced some problems with the “Mommy Brigade”, those young mothers who take their children in strollers to the park and then form a solid line across the path as they walk and talk. Approaching them from either direction, they present a formidable obstacle. A month ago, they were just arriving at the park as I was leaving and there was no problem, but now…it’s a problem!

No comments:

Post a Comment