Sunday, October 29, 2006

Get Out the Vote

As we were driving home yesterday afternoon, I spotted a large bus with signs painted on it supporting the passage of Proposition 89. You couldn’t miss the message; in large letters that covered the bus, it read, VOTE FOR PROPOSITION 89 AND STOP POLITICAL CORRUPTION

I got the message but I had these questions. Is that all it will take, just a vote? So why didn’t we do this a long time ago? Imagine if we had; this administration wouldn’t exist. Nor would the previous one. Or the one before that. Come to think of it, who could have run the country if we had eliminated political corruption? I guess it would be up to you and me. I don’t know about you, but I already have plenty to do so I suppose we’re going to need some political corruption if we want to get anything done… “POLITICAL CORRUPTION. IT’S AS AMERICAN AS MOM, APPLE PIE AND BASEBALL. VOTE NO ON 89!”

No comments:

Post a Comment