Monday, October 23, 2006

Grammar

makes a comeback -

Oh, if only it would! I am not a good grammarian, but I recognize good writing when I read it, And you don't get a chance to read much of it anymore.

And spelling...shouldn't that be important as well? I was driving into town the other day and spotted this sign on the side of a brand-new truck, "Yoder's Refridgeration Service". Perhaps he was on his way over to one of my favorites, the "Artic Aire" shop?

Poor spelling has reached epidemic proportions on the internet. And here’s a quote from a blogger who didn’t like someone criticizing his spelling. "Propper spelling is no more an indication of intelligence than propper packaging is an indciation of safe shipping." Sorry; but it is…it takes a certain amount of intelligence to submit your words to a “spell checker” before posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment