Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Time to Read

I just ran across a book that sounds promising, "All Governments Lie! The Life and Times of Rebel Journalist I.F. Stone” written by Myra MacPherson. I need a monumental book to read, I’m tired of the fluff I’ve been reading lately. Or how about one from this list of books from Amazon?

And this from the morning news… There's been a lot of political buzz about Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney's 2008 bid for the Republican presidential nomination, and now I know why: In one swoop, his Commonwealth PAC this week hired what could be the A-team of political consultants.” If you thought that Bush had divided the country along religious lines, you ain’t seen nothing yet! Mr. Romney, the consummate politician, is also a Mormon. Not a “jack” Mormon, but a highly regarded Mormon. And if there is anything that religious conservatives hate (and they hate a lot) it’s a Mormon. I wonder how they will approach this dilemma? Being conservatives, they are drawn to the Republican Party and at the same time they can’t hold to their beliefs and actually support a Mormon. This ought to be an interesting time of doubletalk. I’m certainly going to enjoy watching them wriggle!

No comments:

Post a Comment