Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Ars Gratis

It’s going to be a busy day, but I need to find some time to work on my step stool project for Kyle. It has changed a lot over the weeks and that is OK. Art is supposed to be a changing force. And it’s supposed to be fun. Even the solemn work of the old masters is exciting to see. I still remember the first time I saw a “real” Velasquez painting and I was amazed at the brilliance of it. No, I’m not comparing myself to Velazquez; but art of any kind is supposed to be fun for the artist and the viewer. So I can only hope that my art will make someone else smile and not just me.

And I’m learning. I have come up with all sorts of ideas to use for my next step stool project. I want to use inlaid copper wire and stained glass along with various wood shapes and pearlescent paints.

I guess I had better post some pictures of what I’m trying to do. Maybe, if I see them…I will have another idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment