Monday, November 13, 2006

Caution. I'm complaining here...

Amazon. A once great name in on-line shopping. As you might notice, I wrote “once great”. I’m having a shipping problem with them and the Post Office and Amazon is failing on their part. The package, which contains a book on how to use Front Page to create great websites and a CD with the Front Page software on it, has disappeared. I’m tracking it with a USPS number and have located its last position, Richmond, California. It left there on the 3rd of November and hasn’t been seen since. I’ve been checking with the local post office with no success and so I thought it was time to contact Amazon.

Apparently, Amazon now goes to India to outsource their support functions. Very early this morning I received a reply to my e-mail and was informed that since I must have used a wrong address, the package would soon be returned to Amazon as “undeliverable” and I would then receive a refund and I could start all over again by re-ordering it. What? I asked them to help me locate the package; and why would I want to start all over again? It’s already been 3 weeks! So I responded with the question… “How about answering my original question; where is the package?” And early tomorrow morning, I’m sure I will get some answer… no, not “the answer”, but an answer. This will prompt another letter from me. Ad infinitum.

OK, I’ve vented. But I can see that a rudimentary knowledge of Myers-Briggs Personality Types would help companies like Amazon to better staff key positions. Help Desk personnel should always be “Intuitive”.

Oops! Time to vent once again… I just received an offer from Hughes.net; the same people who forced me to change my e-mail address awhile ago. The offer was to upgrade to a faster modem. I’m always interested in FASTER and so I looked at the offer. Before I could even find out how much it would cost, I read this…

“Before viewing your HN7000S Upgrade options, it is important that you read and understand the following conditions:
I understand that during the upgrade process, it will be necessary to re-commission my HughesNetTM system. During this process, the email addresses associated with my HughesNet account and any email messages associated with those email accounts will be lost. When the upgrade is complete, it is possible to re-establish my email accounts, but the availability of those email addresses is not guaranteed by HughesNet. Additionally, even if the email address is recovered, any undelivered or unread email will be lost from the previous account. All emailed stored in the HughesNet Webmail system will be lost.”


Tell me why I would be interested in this upgrade?

No comments:

Post a Comment