Wednesday, November 8, 2006

Early Morning Humor

What fun! Change is good! And watching the election results via my computer was even better. No talking heads telling me what I could already read for myself on the screen. No mindless chatter by those same heads as they tried to think of something intelligent to say while filling “dead air”. “Yes, John. It looks like the voters have spoken.” Duh!

The best website I found for election results was CNN’s. I’m sure there were more and even better ones out there somewhere but this one sufficed.

And now we will be subjected to the opinions of all of the pundits, domestic and foreign, as to what this all means. The Republicans won’t understand the message that the voters gave them and blame it all on a “Godless Liberal” conspiracy. The Democrats will misinterpret the message completely and think that they are somehow favored. Not!

And what will Karl Rove think of the message? I’m sure he has already shifted into a 2008 mode. Besides being evil, he’s also smart and knows how to play the game.

Locally, it’s been the same old game. A Red county in a Blue state and all of the usual suspects won their races, thanks to careful gerrymandering and a sense that they were embattled, so the Red troops rallied for “the cause”. Glenn County gave our acting governor 77% of the vote, a record in the state. And a clear indication as to the need for improved education in this county. Me? I voted for Peter Camejo. Sure, it was a throw away vote, but at least I studied something about the man I was voting for. And that reminds me… why weren’t there any women running for governor?

No comments:

Post a Comment