Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Speed

Wednesday and the middle of the month. Well, that didn’t take long! Why is November flying by so fast? I’m really not in any hurry to get to December, but here it comes…

Since the day has a promise of being decent; there may be some dense fog this morning, but no rain till this evening, so I’m going out for a training walk in the park this morning and make sure I haven’t forgotten how to racewalk. It’s only been a week…but with my memory, I can’t take any chances!

I had quite a wrestling match yesterday afternoon as it was time to take the cat to the veterinarian for her yearly immunizations. As soon as she saw the pet carrier, she knew I had tricked her when I picked her up and began to pet her. She made a break for it as soon as I attempted to lower her into the top opening. She headed up over my right arm and onto my shoulder, but I reached around just in time and grabbed her, but only with one hand. She made a try for the safety of a higher location; the top of my head. But I was able to stop her. Then she went around and down my back before heading around to the left and over my shoulder on that side. There I was able to get both hands on her again and into the carrier she went. I was just plain lucky. Her feet never made it to the ground and although she made a complete circuit, she never drew blood! That’s always a plus.

Speaking of the cat; she figures into our vacation travels in January. I have been debating as to whether we should fly to Arizona for the P.F Chang Rock ‘n’ Roll ½ marathon or drive there. I have been doing the math and driving only saves about $80 dollars; as we have a larger pet boarding bill if we drive. If there were some interesting sights to see on our journey, the decision would be easy. But Barstow and Needles? Is that all there is?

On the other hand; flying is such a chore! For me. The flying itself isn’t a bother; I can even sleep during takeoffs and landings and have done so on many occasions. It’s the process that you have to endure before and after the flight that bothers me so. I hate not being in charge of my own destiny…or just thinking that I am in charge. As I’ve said before, leaving the airport at the end of a trip gives me a feeling that can only be described as “being released from prison”. To be truthful, I felt much safer when TSA was not in charge! A government mindset does not equal security.

I will take a look at the map again…maybe there is a “Giant Ball of Twine” to see somewhere between Orland and Scottsdale. If not… I guess it’s the plane for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment