Saturday, December 30, 2006

Always the Same

Just the usual news this morning. More killing in Iraq. When will we ever learn?

After reading American Theocracy, I’m not sure that we can learn. As a nation, we seem unable to read history and apply the lessons learned from it. I’m still recommending the book; it’s definitely worth reading and who knows? Maybe we can learn something from it. I know that I have.

On a happier note… my hand seems unaffected by the spider bite. I can still tell that I was bitten, a vague ache, but there are no other symptoms. I might have been fortunate that the bite was in the palm of my hand where the skin is thicker. And now gloves are on my shopping list. I do have gloves for this kind of work but they were in the truck and I didn’t feel like getting them. Now I will have gloves in various locations and less excuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment