Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Bad Blogger!

There is no denying it any longer. Christmas is coming and coming quick! The stores are opening early and the final sales are underway now, a perfect time to shop; as long as you do it between 7 and 10 AM. And I think we’re pretty close to being finished with our shopping; one more day (today) and that should do it.

I picked more lemons yesterday, adding another 50 or more to the pile. And I gave away about 50. And I’m sure I can get another 50 off of the tree by weeks end. And then it will produce another crop this coming summer. A magic tree! Myer lemon? I’m not sure; I do know it’s the smooth (thin) skinned variety that grows exceptionally large and lovely fruit. (Note to Kitty: How about a lemon tree in a container for your patio area? I bet they would do great in the Arizona heat.)

Now I need to learn how to preserve them the Moroccan way. I found some recipes for the process but I would love to find a photo display along with the text. A picture is worth; well you know…a thousand words.

And I have begun the step stool building process for Karlee. The ideas have to run around in my head for awhile before they gel and I put a saw in my hand; and even then I have found that I sometimes have to backup a little and re-think the whole project. But right now I have a mental picture of the final product and so it’s full speed ahead. I promised her some “bling” and “bling” she will have! Of course, each of us may have different ideas as to what constitutes “bling”.

After taking some photos this morning, I got in a hurry and downloaded the images to the Adobe Elements default location and now I’m trying to find them again. I had a vague idea as to where they were and so I used my PowerDesk search application to look for all .jpg files on the C drive. Whoa! There are almost 11,000 jpg files on the C drive alone; and that’s not the drive I use to store my images on. I had no idea that so many applications use images and lots of them.
I used Laurae’s camera to take these pictures. It’s a Canon A430 and it’s really a good camera. I was surprised at the quality, considering the price; but it delivers sharp images every time and is very simple to use. That was Laurae’s criteria for a new camera; simple.

(Dumb Blogger!...it won't upload any photos this morning.)

No comments:

Post a Comment