Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Paying Attention

It’s one of those cat days. As soon as I sit down at the desk, there she is…hanging on the window screen and meowing to be let in. (I must take that screen down before she tears it.) Then I go all the way to the other end of the house to let her in. She heads there herself as soon as she sees me stand up and will be waiting at the door. (Aren’t I well trained?) Then she’s in the house and going crazy! Racing up and down the hallway and flinging herself onto her back in front of the fireplace, demanding that I scratch her head and rub her belly. She is quite vocal about her wants and won’t let me alone until I pay attention to her. She is right ahead of me as I carry my cup of coffee back to the study and then she leaps onto the desktop and plops herself into her bed; which happens to be sitting close to the monitor. From there she can demand further attention…and she does. It’s been about 30 minutes since I let her in and she is finally content to purr and sleep and I can get back to typing.

Something new. I have always been a “visual” person. A picture usually tells me everything I need to know about a subject and so I have used Google’s image searching engine whenever I wanted to find out something. But I found a new image search site this morning, Picsearch and I’m making it a favorite. It has a simple interface and I like the way the images are displayed.

No comments:

Post a Comment