Monday, December 25, 2006

Power's on and I'm surfin'

I was skimming through the various websites for important news and trying to avoid the usual, “highlights of the past year”. Here are some odds and ends I found.

A quotation from W; from the year 2000.

“I don't know whether I'm going to win or not. I think I am. I do know I'm ready for the job. And, if not, that's just the way it goes.”
--George W. Bush

Well, it’s six years later and now we know. He really wasn’t ready for the job. And I suppose that’s just the way it goes sometimes; when you’re unlucky. As we all were.

And I found a few opinion columns where W was being roasted for lying. As usual, in the comments section, the conservatives had jumped to his defense by noting that Clinton had lied. I’m not sure why they always bring that up? The fact that another president lied shouldn’t excuse the present one, should it? That reminds me of kindergarten logic, “Well, Johnny did it first!” And there is the fact that Clinton’s lies were of a moral and ethical nature…and no one died because of them. W’s lies, on the other hand… never mind, you already know the rest. (It should be noted that Clinton apologized.)

Of course, I was simply shocked to learn that politicians lie… I think I’ll go read Dilbert and try to forget what I have learned so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment