Monday, December 25, 2006

What a tangled web we weave...

Bah! Humbug! May a thousand misdirected packages rain down upon your heads, Amazon!

Amazon; the superstore that I always admired...and used, has misdirected my packages for the last time. Since we no longer use our old mailbox, for security reasons; we live on a country road where the mailbox is located just across the road from the house, and so we have changed our mailing address to a safer PO box. But Amazon no longer uses UPS to deliver all of their packages, sometimes...for slower (and cheaper) shipping, they use USPS. Well, USPS won't deliver to our physical address anymore because of the address change and UPS can't deliver to a PO box number. This leaves us in the middle and with all of our orders being returned to Amazon as "undeliverable" because of a perceived problem with our address...we don't exist? And when I questioned Amazon about it, I was told that all I had to do was to subscribe to Amazon Prime for $80 a year and the problem would be solved! Gee! Why didn't I think of that? Now I ask you, why should I have to spend EXTRA money to have a package delivered?

No comments:

Post a Comment