Tuesday, December 12, 2006

What's for lunch?

I’m feeling better this morning so I guess I can assume it wasn’t the flu that had me down yesterday. This only leads me to the possibility that it was the Polish hot dogs. I’m sure that most were willing to convict the hot dogs from the very beginning. They just seem suspicious, don’t they? Made from…what? Does anyone really know? And I have the rest of the hot dogs in the freezer; should I just toss them? I supposed so; I certainly don’t want to test them by having another one for lunch!

     Speaking of politics…as I am now. I noticed an interesting phenomenon the other day when we met with our Sunday night group at the church. Most are older and most are, or were, passionate Republican conservatives. We don’t speak of politics most nights, but somehow the name “Obama” came up and I was surprised to hear that most in this group were very favorably disposed towards him. The reason that most liked him were the things he said; not what his press secretary said or what was reported that he said. Most had read some of his speeches and liked him immediately, just from that. Imagine! And apparently, most were color blind as well. How refreshing! Now if this group of older and conservative Republicans can change their ways, who knows what, might happen in 2008? Could sanity return?

No comments:

Post a Comment