Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Wonderful!

Funny, I don’t feel like a great-grandparent? But we are. A boy, Colum is his name and he weighed 8 pounds and some ounces. He was born on the 10th of December at the Garden Valley home of his parents, Zachary and Michelle Byal. Life goes on. Ain’t it grand?

Yesterday I posted something about AADD; and just for fun…I decided to see if Adult Attention Deficit Disorder (AADD) was a possibility for me. Oops! After taking the on-line test I was not surprised to see that I had scored quite high. (207) In this case that’s not a good thing. It’s like golf; low scores are better. Now I need to have someone else score it for me…like Laurae. She certainly knows me well enough to give accurate answers. And it doesn’t stop with me; sorry to say, it’s hereditary.

OK, with Laurae concurring, I guess it’s official enough for me. I do have AADD. This means that I had it as a child. Where it would have been more appropriate to call it ADD. Do I want to change though? I’ve been this way for 66+ years and I’m not sure that I need to “correct” myself. But I would like to. See? There I go, procrastinating like all who have AADD.

Here’s a thought; what if…we’re “normal” and it’s the rest of the world that has a problem? Hey! It’s a possibility!

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:35 PM

    Whew...I got a 75. Lately it seems I can't finish anything I start. I related to a few things. Must just be the season....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your OK...Just look in your color coordinated closet whenever you have doubts. For instance, in my closet I have shirts that face each other! I didn't even know that was wrong till your mother told me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:23 PM

    Yes that is true! They must all face the same direction - short sleeves, then long sleeve and then of course plain vs. print and all color coordinated. And just to throw another one in there for you - Kevin likes his on the hanger the opposite of me as he's lefthanded.... Apparently he looks at them from a different directions?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have one rule that is easy to remember...clothes should be in closet. (Not always; but should be) A few others; Close the closet door. Turn off light. Problems solved!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:46 AM

    I can remember when my sister knew I had been in her closet, even when she wasn't home....now how are all the clothes supposed to get in the closet when some are in the washer, some in the dryer...some on the bed...some on the floor...and where is France?????

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:28 PM

    That's what makes a family - we love each other despite the differences! I was just telling mom that I still live with my sister in my husband and daughter. Kevin has left 4 out of 6 of his dresser drawers open today and you can't see Karlee's bedroom floor! No wonder I feel like I'm always chasing my tail....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:19 PM

    AHHHHH...Thank you sister...somehow I feel validated by your response...don't always feel accepted for who I am and how I am...please KNOW...I love you...

    ReplyDelete