Monday, January 15, 2007

Boo!

Not Boo the cat, but boo to the race timers who hadn't thought that a power surge might be possible at a temporary and outdoor event. It's hard to believe that they will have to review all the video records to see where thousands of participants placed in the 1/2 marathon.

OK, the race is over and I guess I could claim any time for myself, but I have a more detailed accounting of the race on my Short Laps blog and that tells you that I did it in about 2:54; I think?.
It's our last day in Phoenix... and a cold one at that. This morning we're heading to the Barrett-Jackson auction site to see about 1,100 cars. The event takes place in tents, so we're waiting a little bit before heading out, hoping for a rise in temperature.
Checking the temperature at home, I see that it's in the 20's as well. Of course I have to worry about exposed pipes. Will I come home to a well or a waterfall? I'm sure the oranges and lemons were hit hard, but that isn't a worry...the water is!

No comments:

Post a Comment