Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The Fat Lady Has Sung

Vindication! The final final final results are now in and I was correct in thinking that I had completed the ½ marathon in less than 3 hours. I was seriously bummed when the first “official results” came out and they had me at 3:05.

38598 Dunn 66 M 2:54:45 3:21:26 64 93.1%
Bib#..............Age.. Time..... Gun Time.... Age graded


Oddly enough, if you were to look at the finish line photos, you would see me staring at my GPS unit in almost every frame they shot of me. I was intent!

No, it wasn’t the fastest time I ever had but it was the time that I thought I had; that’s important. After a couple of years of this kind of racing you get a feel for how fast you are and you can almost forget the watches and other timers. Almost.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:24 AM

    You were intent on the time! Gun time shows 3:21:24 in the pictures but official shows 3:21:26? You did great. What does the 96% mean?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the Age Graded performance. The edge you get with age...

    Here's an explanation.
    http://www.pinebeltpacers.org/AgeGrade/AgeGrade.htm

    ReplyDelete