Wednesday, January 24, 2007

...it's another

Life goes on. And this morning I have a reprieve, of sorts…my exam was pushed back to the late hour of 11:30 AM and so I am allowed to have coffee (Wonderful coffee!) until 8:30. I have it brewing right now and will savor each sip until the appointed hour. This is much better than having to endure a nagging caffeine headache all morning.

My daughter talks about coffee in her blog, but I doubt that you would experience a caffeine headache when you missed your daily mocha or even mochas. But, I could be wrong…

This little early morning exercise in “Coffee Appreciation 101” only proves that I’m addicted to it. Nothing to be proud of. And the statistics show what we all know to be true, there are fewer “plain old coffee” addicts today then there were 50 years ago…by percentage of course. I guess we will end up being lonely addicts.

Funny, but the first news item I ran across was not about the State of the Union speech. It was this…

Defense says Libby was 'sacrificed'
By Richard B. Schmitt
I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby feared that White House officials were conspiring to make him the fall guy in the CIA leak scandal to protect political strategist Karl Rove, Libby's lawyer argued Tuesday. (Listen to the rats squeal!)

And in the LA Times newsletter, the State of the Union speech is 5 down from the top. The New York Times newsletter kept the speech in the top 2 spots. Is that significant? Nah! And neither was the speech. Or the Democratic rebuttal.

And then this… Bush's Health Plan: Does It Help You or Hurt You?
ABC News - 8 hours agoBy LAURA OWINGS. Jan. 23, 2007
- President Bush's new health plan could either put more money in or take more money out of your pocket.

You mean, nobody knows? What kind of a plan is that? Shouldn’t we find out the details before we even call it a plan? Oh, I forgot; it’s a government plan which means that the details will be added later.

On a different note; I called the chimney sweep and it appears that we’re in for a bit of a wait. He can’t be here till next Monday and the fire has to be out 24 hours before he arrives. And without any other source of heat, it looks like we will be bundling up on Sunday evening.

And now I have to worry about not having enough firewood to last until the heater is fixed. If it isn’t one thing…

2 comments:

  1. You are right! Because really the mocha only has a shot of coffee in it....!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, you're spared from the evils of caffeine!

    ReplyDelete