Thursday, January 4, 2007

Speaking of...

And speaking of drugs and that sometimes means healthcare… sometimes not; here’s a good blog related to healthcare and its failings. Yes, it fails and quite often at that. Now that I’m older and slowly becoming more dependent on healthcare programs, I see the problems from a different perspective. And it worries me.

I know that pharmaceutical companies have always claimed that the high prices are justified by the cost of research for new drugs, but the stories I have been reading seem to indicate that most research is now done to “rejuvenate” old drugs and make them patentable once again. And the budget for advertising is now larger than the one for research. I think that helps to set this record; the US spends more for drugs than any other nation! All other nations control drug prices for the good of their citizens.

No comments:

Post a Comment