Thursday, February 15, 2007

Sounds Familiar

A great dream. I was hired to be a superintendent again and I was building things. Then I woke up. And it was just as I was explaining to the owner how I had built something similar and this was going to be easy. He was impressed. Darn! I wonder if I can re-run that dream tomorrow night? I’d like to see if I could do it as easily as I claimed.

On a different subject. (That's what paragraphs are for...) As I fool around with these websites I'm publishing, I have to go back and forth between lots of different software. Text editing software, graphics software, HTML editors and last, an FTP program to load it all on the server. Most of these programs are now familiar enough to me so that I don’t have to hesitate when using them. But graphics…that’s a different story. I use an old version of Microsoft PhotoDraw, a program that is no longer in existence. I can create buttons and transparent background 3D text images with it in a snap. But it’s limited and I would love to have Photoshop instead. I need to find out what Photoshop would cost. Is there a substitute for it? I doubt it.

OK, Photoshop costs somewhere between $500 and $700. And since it’s an Adobe product, it works great but is less than intuitive. Far less. So I Googled for substitutes and found GIMP. The price is right; free. And they have tutorials available. But will it work for me?

And the news, of course…

Bush Declares Iran’s Arms Role in Iraq Is Certain

By SHERYL GAY STOLBERG and MARC SANTORA

President Bush said he did not know whether Iran’s highest officials had directed attacks on U.S. troops.

Someone had better tell General Pace what the Decider has decided. This could be embarrassing. Or, perhaps the General is looking forward to an early retirement.

And as I was looking at various blogs this morning, I found a comment that deserves repeating.


Don't tell me you're a Christian- let me figure it out for myself.


Before spreading indignation about respect for a religion tell me:


Have all the poor been fed?


Have all the naked been clothed and the homeless sheltered?


Have you visited every prisoner?


If not, then you're jumping ahead on the to-do list and need to get back on

track.”

No comments:

Post a Comment