Sunday, February 25, 2007

Stormy outside

That’s better. The heater is running and we’re quite comfortable. I burned up the last of the cut firewood that was stored in the garage and now I can sweep up the mess that was left behind.

When the repairman took out the old heat exchanger we got a good look at the damage. The underside of the tubes, unseen from the top, was riddled with large holes that were allowing carbon monoxide to enter the house. If the house had been smaller, I’m sure we would have been affected. We now have a CO detector in our bedroom. A little late, but better…

On a different note; I have revived my links to Bartleby.com, the greatest of reference sites. I used to get their Word of the Day mailed to me, along with a WAV file to play and hear the word spoken correctly. Here’s today’s word; Palinode. I wonder if it will post and then play when I move this text over to Blogger?

Apparently not...

No comments:

Post a Comment