Monday, March 26, 2007

Music Everywhere

Disjointed. Bothered. In flux. Bewildered. My mind is wandering this morning after reading through the first of many ‘news’ e-mails concerning the state of the world this morning. Just one e-mail has done that to me. Should I bother to look at the rest? Perhaps I should just go back to bed and try again in about an hour.

Luiz Bonfá. That’s the name of the artist whose music I’m listening to this morning. From a 1959 album. Obscure? You bet! I do love his guitar work though…

With our newly revived stereo system in place, I have been burning CD’s of some of my favorite music, but what I want to do is to play the music directly from my computer. Skip the middleman. There are some bridges that perform that function but require hard wiring to do it flawlessly. I’ve read the reviews and there is almost always a complaint about the wireless performance quality of these products. Sure, I could buy an iPod and they make a bridge or ‘streamer’ that holds the iPod and connects to your stereo system. But do I want to go over to the ‘dark side’ by buying an Apple product? I’m not ready for that! Maybe Crutchfield sells something else that I can use? I have far too much music on this computer to let it sit unused and unheard. 84 GB to be exact.

Silly cat! Boo is being a pain this morning. She’s full of more energy than I can handle at this hour and she’s purring non-stop at a high volume. On my lap. Off my lap. Back and forth she goes as she head butts my hand or my leg to force me to pay attention to her.

Time for more coffee...

No comments:

Post a Comment