Thursday, March 29, 2007

What, me worry?

Another month is close to ending and once again I’m trying to figure out where the time went. Did I get anything done at all? (Asking that question of an INFP personality type doesn’t make much sense; we are ‘natural born’ procrastinators.) So on to the next month! I’ve got a whole year to get stuff done…why worry about it now?

Yesterday’s irrigating process went well. And all of the immediate neighbors got together to debate the merits of various plants, trees, fertilizers, insecticides, herbicides and etc, etc. We stood by the flowing channel, all wearing the required milking boots and shouldering pitchforks, shovels and rakes. It is one of the rites of spring, this gathering of a community united by the arrival of the water. After another month has passed, we will rarely see each other; Eric will leave his gates open and I will divert the water to his orchard when I’m through watering mine. That’s all.

Of course I had to begin my gardening blog again, adding some pictures of the trees and the water. I’m not taking any pictures of the garden area yet, it’s far too messy! I did get the two raised beds cleared out and have filled the compost pit to overflowing with debris, all covered with topsoil of course. The next step is to get a load of decomposed granite (DG) and use it on the paths throughout the garden area. Then a few more raised beds would be in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment