Wednesday, April 25, 2007

More water

Here it is, another irrigation day; another chance to break my ankle when stepping into an unseen gopher hole while traipsing up to the canal in the dark. OK, you get it; that’s the part I don’t like. I think it’s more the fact that I’m stuck with the chore because our property lies first along the ditch and the by-laws of the irrigation district state that the homeowner closest to the canal will be responsible for opening the gates. Me? Responsible? And I don’t remember getting to vote on this either…

But I did vote in the national election in 2000 and again in 2004. And so far this president has not disappointed me. He is behaving exactly as I said he would…in fact he may have exceeded my expectations. I’m sure of it.


And to really make my day...I ran across this ad. Surely, Jesus wept... (who are these people?)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, their little pajamas remind me of the pictures I have seen of Ku Klux Klan families. Very peculiar, these people selling pajamas to protect their kids.

    ReplyDelete