Monday, April 23, 2007

Oh, oh! Here it comes…91° is forecast for Saturday. That will have the gardens and the gardeners in a sweat. Planting something…anything at all! will become the focus of thousands of people by this coming weekend. The tomato plants will be flying off of the shelves. Along with Bell peppers, squash and the ever popular zucchini. The air will be redolent with the odor of fertilizer and compost; and some perspiration. Whew!

And speaking of gardening and of those things associated with gardening; I’ve made some new signs for the Plant Barn. I’m using my new scroll saw to create the letters using a Tempus Sans ITC font. Naturally, the Open sign has the words, Closed on the opposite side and in a white on red theme, similar to this photo of the sign for the Pottery section of the store.



OK, last photo. This looks as if I have abandoned Karlee’s step stool project. Not so! The mental processes continue and now I’m thinking that a mirror would look great behind the circular cutout’s you see here. So I’m on the lookout for 2 small mirrors to cut and shape to fit on each side. Then the “jewels” would be suspended in the middle of each cutout.


Does anyone ever really ‘finish’ a project?

(I give up! I've been trying to post all 3 photos here for the past hour. Hughes Net has to be the worst!...I tried to contacting Clear Wire and was told that it wasn't available in my area yet...although my next door neighbor has it. So close!)

No comments:

Post a Comment