Thursday, April 19, 2007

Oops!

It’s addictive! StumbleUpon and ‘stumbling’ has become way too enjoyable. I would bet that most IT departments will be asked to exclude this from their servers; if they haven’t been already. Corporate productivity has to suffer when workers are faced with a choice of stumble? Or not to stumble? Stumble! It wins every time.

And I was reminded once again this morning that e-mail hoax letters are still making their way around the internet. It’s been so long since I’ve seen one that I almost forgot to check out Snopes.com to verify…but I did and of course it was a hoax. Maybe they have all been caught by the spam filters? I know that my Gmail filter catches a couple hundred every week. And my Hughes.net must be doing its job as I rarely have to use my SpamBayes filter at all. So when will the hoaxers and spammers give up? It’s almost guaranteed that any story coming to you via forwarded e-mail will be a hoax. And virus's...or is it virii? They seem to have slowed down as well.

1 comment:

  1. Well I for one always have my nose to the grindstone..Hardly ever stumble about during the day...Why I haven't stumbled yet today and I have been here at work for 8 minutes now. Oh, darn...couldn't resist and I had to stumble. It is the anticipation that you might find something really great. I love it... Don't tell...........

    ReplyDelete