Thursday, April 19, 2007

Safe

The calm before the storm. Yesterday we watched the dark clouds gathering over the Mendocino range and then begin to rain upon the foothills to the west. It looked threatening all day long, but…never a drop upon us here in Orland. The clouds sailed off to the north and the south, only to gather again on the foothills of the Sierra’s. Where it rained and snowed. So what’s our problem? Well, we have another chance tonight; a 40% chance.

Silly cat! She has made herself at home here on my lap…which makes typing problematic. And slow. She has become a creature of habit, just like ourselves and she usually begins her mornings this way. In a few minutes she will get up and stretch before heading to the TV room to sleep in the wingback chair for the rest of the morning. And afternoon. So when is she doing her job?

OK, she’s gone and now I can do the daily Jigzone.com puzzle; my Alzheimer Indicator. I’m almost always faster than the average so I’m safe for now. Though I did hear that a good test for that disease is to try counting backwards from 100 by 7’s. If you can’t do that; you’re in trouble!

No comments:

Post a Comment