Sunday, June 24, 2007

The results are in...

I must be truly retired. As I was waking up, I could not remember what day it was; Saturday? Sunday? Monday? True; when I was younger I had the same problem on occasion but for a different reason. What was different for me this morning was the fact that it didn’t really matter…I was simply curious.

And I was reading a small article in Wired magazine, all about the fact that most voters don’t really 'get it'. The Pew organization has the results of their poll taking here. The numbers seem dramatic, but the truth is that the numbers go up and down routinely and never stray too far into positive territory. I remember reading statistics like this 40 years ago. It has always been this way throughout our history as a nation and the politicians actually depend upon our ignorance. (Duh!) Of course I did a get a laugh about the fact that Fox news viewers were among the least likely to know much at all after watching the news, followed by the network news viewers, and that only by the slimmest of margins. Ignorance is probably the wrong word to use; apathy is a better description. Apparently Fox News viewers are so apathetic; they can't be bothered to change the channel...

No comments:

Post a Comment