Sunday, July 22, 2007

Ready or Not

The morning arrives. On time, and whether I want it to or not... OK, I’m ready.

And what’s new? Yesterday morning I made my way up to Home Depot in Red Bluff via old Historic Highway 99. It’s not a particularly scenic route but it’s ‘different’ and every once in awhile I like to get off of I-5 and see something different.

In the back of my mind is a plan for a photo blog and 99 has plenty of unique photo opportunities. Scenic is not the same as unique and most of the things I have seen along this stretch of road would not qualify for inclusion in Sunset magazine. Let’s put it this way; every time I drive this stretch of road I am reminded of Lady Bird Johnson and her self appointed task of beautifying America… apparently, the program never made it to Glenn and Tehama counties. Or if it ever did, it has been long forgotten.

On another note; yesterday we were discussing the fact that during the two weeks that the twins were here, the television was on only once for their entertainment and that was only for 10 minutes. They wanted to see Chicken Run (VCR) and after the 10 minutes had passed, they remembered that they had already seen it a gazillion times and shut it down. So, that proves it again…humans can live without the tube!

So what did they do for entertainment? Besides the usual routine of playing with the stash of toys found under the bookshelf, they persuaded their grandmother to read books to them. 3 or 4 times a day. Grandpa wasn’t called upon for this duty, except for one morning when I was tasked with reading If You Give a Pig a Pancake. I’ve read it before…many times. And it really is my favorite children’s book. In fact, I’m not sure there is an age limit for this book. It’s funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment