Wednesday, August 22, 2007

...and Omega

I couldn’t help myself and I went to the I Hate Crocs blogsite. I had to see just what it was about an innocuous pair of shoes that so offended these people. From what I read, they were grasping at anything to substantiate their belief that Crocs were a sign that the world would soon end. Then, I wondered; could the people at Croc’s be responsible for this blog? Are they secretly writing it? It would certainly get people to thinking about the product. But - I guess not; they really don’t need any additional advertising.


Maybe it’s simply a very human need to hate something? We seem to do it an awful lot. I hate telephones and see nothing wrong with that. We all should. Some people hate okra. I think my sister has an intense dislike for PT Cruisers? If we could only restrict our hatred to inanimate objects we would be just fine! You wouldn’t eat okra. I wouldn’t answer the phone and my sister would never ride in a Cruiser. Oh, and some people would never wear Croc’s. And we could all live happily ever after. (Be sure and visit my new blog – I Hate Telephones dot com)


And apropos of nothing at all… I have been fooling around with the Microsoft PhotoDraw program, trying to come up with a good logo for my daughter’s sorority, Omega Nu. I told her that I would post my efforts here…


I think it’s a little too glittery and it needs to be softer…more green? Less clouds? Lose the shadows? How about ‘start over’?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:34 AM

    Did I say I hated PT Cruisers? How odd, I don't feel any animosity towards them right now. I don’t think I would buy one, but there are very few cars out there that spark my desire for a new one. I do think I hate fast food restaurants and the food they serve. I am definitely a food snob. I guess I harbor more bad feelings for actions than objects. The poor service we put up with daily. Rudeness in general is pretty prevalent. I might just buy a pair of crocs to match Sophia’s. She has 2 or 3 pair right now too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe 'hate' would be a strong description of what you felt about the PT Cruiser. I do remember you saying that they were 'clown cars' and in that, you might be right.

    Nope, not a food snob, you're simply not one of the sheep that Mickey D needs to survive.

    And I think I can include In and Out Burger in the Non-Fast Food chains. It's good food and it's not fast. They don't own a heat lamp.

    Rudeness is simply everywhere. And I don't understand how business owners can and do tolerate it. What are they thinking?

    ReplyDelete