Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Oregon

I just finished reading the current post on Time Goes By. And I was reminded of all of the things I like about Oregon. Dan & Louis Oyster Bar in Portland. And the Portland Steak and Chop House, only a block away. We’ve been to the Cannery CafĂ© in Astoria and enjoyed a great brunch. That was the morning that I had thought about taking the bridge across to Washington, but a cloudy and drizzly morning stopped me. I took one look at the roadway, far above me, and I saw it disappear into the clouds. No thanks! You can see the bridge in one of the photos on her blog, but it seems quite tame in the sunshine.

We had come to Astoria from our vacation spot in Cannon Beach, a wonderful place to be alone…during the first week in December. It seemed as if we had the whole Oregon coast to ourselves. Good times.

Of course the Portland marathon figures into my love for Oregon. I’ve done it 3 times and I will do it again next year. I’m really disappointed in myself this year. Could’ve-would’ve-should’ve…but didn’t.

Oh, did I mention Mother’s Bistro & Bar? I should have!

No comments:

Post a Comment