Friday, September 28, 2007

As If I Didn't Know

I’m really not a good farmer or orchardist. (Is that a word? Well, it is now.) Denise has all of that talent and I don’t know where she inherited it from. Not from her dad. I appreciate plants and I love to garden when I want to garden, but the everyday maintenance chores aren’t for me. I think it’s because I have far too many things on my mind. I can’t imagine having only one thought or focus for more than half an hour. That’s probably why I love to read; the story is constantly evolving. And when I am stuck with any chore that takes a long time, I’m the daydreamer! Or the 'Avoider'.

I’m not sure why, but that made me think of ‘collage’. It’s an art form that I really love. And it’s because there is so much to discover in it. Primitive art. Altars and Shrines, I love that kind of artwork! Yet, I have a feeling that I wouldn’t be all that good at it. Because – as I constructed it, I would certainly enjoy the first glimpse of the pieces that go into it. I would love the selection process, but familiarity would could soon turn the construction process into a chore. No, it’s not a given that I would become bored, it’s just a possibility.

Must think positively!

No comments:

Post a Comment