Thursday, September 27, 2007

Clueless

The hardest part of all the work involved in Karlee’s foot stool was the airbrushing. I just don’t get it! Wouldn’t it be great if artists would offer minor ‘apprenticeships’? Just a chance to observe and to try. I don’t think I need an entire course of instruction, and formal training has always been a problem for me; even in kindergarten!

All people learn differently. Sure, there are some broad categories that define how we learn, but schools can only do it one way. No Child Left Behind? Doomed to fail unless they teach for the test. Which they will do. They need the money. Giving us a generation or two of students who won’t have a clue once the teacher is no longer part of their daily life.


How did I get onto the subject of schools? Ah, yes! Airbrush. My project did turn out fine; not as good as it might have been, but certainly acceptable. The problem is the fact that I don’t really know how I did it. When I turned the compressor off and cleaned up the equipment, I was certain that I would have to sand the paint off and start over. I was prepared to do that. But I let the paint dry and then took off the masking. Looked good to me!

Below is the image titled 'Splat' - I used that as my model.


3 comments:

  1. Wow! Amazing! Love it!....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:12 AM

    I deliberately chose a 'fuzzy' image. I don't want to give too much away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:28 PM

    Very nice work! Can we see the entire stool?

    ReplyDelete