Monday, September 24, 2007

Fighting Mad?

The right wingnuts are certainly incensed about the MoveOn ad featuring General Petraeus. Such limited and selective memories! If anyone who wears a uniform is immune from criticism, then we are in dangerous waters indeed! Petraeus was acting as a politician for two days and he deserves anything he gets in the way of criticism. And not surprisingly, no one has reported on what the General’s reaction was. Will he ask for a Purple Heart? This whole event is political and has never been about patriotism.

4 comments:

  1. I thought that the issue was the discounted price that MoveOn got on the ad (something around 50% off?). The NYT is liberal, but doesn't need to take a political stance. Those keeping us informed need to keep up informed, not take measures to use their newspaper to assist those they agree with. Or perhaps it was simply an accounting error. I do like to think positive... I guess that is why I am not a Democrat - LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:36 PM

    LOL right back at ya!

    I'm not a Dumbocrat either. Nor am I a Repugnantcan.

    But, MoveOn is paying the whole thing. 100%

    Wondering? The New York Times is liberal? When did it become liberal?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, they are paying the whole amount. But, they were only charged 50% of what all other advertisers have been paying (a total mandated at the beginning of the year).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:03 PM

    Now that the bills are being paid (And I was asked if would like to contribute to that)it's time to move on. (clever pun intended)

    Since newspapers are businesses, they are free to run them as they wish. There are no politically neutral newspapers. So you just have to pick and choose what works for you. And back when I was working in Connecticut, my idea of the perfect Sunday AM was having a pot of good coffee, a Danish and all 5 pounds of the New York Times in front of me.

    ReplyDelete