Thursday, September 27, 2007

GOAL!

It’s complete. I have finally finished the foot stool for Karlee. And I like it. Kyle’s foot stool was the first and now I have to decide where I go next for inspiration. Do I build one for Meghan, or Steven, or Abby, or Shannon, or Zack? The grandchildren’s foot stools. A series. (Photos to follow) And then there has to be the second series… great grandchild, Colum.

I better get started soon if I ever want to get to the second series. I was taking a lot of verbal abuse ( J ) because I hadn’t finished the Karlee project; but it’s art! The design changed a half dozen times (in my head) and I had to stop every now and then to wait for inspiration. The finished piece is not at all as I saw it when I began. But it is definitely ‘Karlee’, and that was my goal.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:26 PM

    Well. I must admit that no one else was quite so eloquent...

    Later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And it should be known that it wasn't Karlee or her mother giving you the abuse - I heard it was Karlee's grandma that wanted it out of her garage because she was tried of looking at it.....? Should I be sacred? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:21 AM

    No, it wasn't - you both are artist's at heart and know that true art is not governed by a clock or calendar.

    ReplyDelete