Saturday, September 29, 2007

I. Must. Dust

I’m having one of those odd mornings, where I don’t get much accomplished. My first goal was to read all of my RSS feeds before they refreshed and gave me more to read. That didn’t work. And then I got bogged down trying to connect with any Boris Artzbasheff page that displayed his artistry. He was an illustrator/artist of the 40’s and 50’s, and I really enjoyed his work. No connections worked and so I moved on. To photographing the spot where I sit. And blog.


Time Goes By is providing some space for a feature entitled, Where We Blog and it features photos of the workspaces of fellow bloggers and those who comment. So, at 5 in the morning, I’m taking pictures of my workspace. And regretting it. I had no idea that dust would show up in a photo as if it were a solid object. And wires are everywhere! OK, I live in the country and dust is simply part of life. That’s my excuse and I’m sticking with it.


But, I did come up with a helpful tool for housecleaning. The digital camera. Just take photos of each room and then review them. Use a flash. You don’t want to miss anything. If you already own a camera, there is really no cost for this great tool. And you don’t have to print the photos, just set them up as a slide show and then you can return to your monitor any time at all to refresh your memory as to where to clean next.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:09 PM

    That's funny - a digital camera as a cleaning tool. But you're right. So many times I've been chagrined to see what shows up in a photo that I hadn't noticed otherwise...

    ReplyDelete