Sunday, September 23, 2007

Weather

Interesting. It's still dark here, about 12 miles north of Susanville. And there's a small rainstorm moving through, knocking pine cones onto the metal roof. Bang! And how do I know it's a small rain storm? Unable to sleep any longer, I googled the local weather and came up with the Weather Underground site. And a very local reporting site (Milford) plus some radar views showed me the extent of the storm. Very cool! (The storm should be gone by 6)

I had visited the Weather Underground a long time ago, but it has definitely changed, for the better. I'm a weather 'junkie' and it now has everything I've always wanted... it sure beats NOAA!

And one of the new things I really liked was the directory of state weather cams. Now I can take a look at Arizona and see the sun coming up in my sister's neighborhood. Well, not quite, they don't have a Scottsdale cam, but they do have one in Phoenix and that's close enough.

You can also view weather cams around the world... like Halikko, Finland. Or, Florianopolis, Brazil. Places I had never heard of.

No comments:

Post a Comment