Monday, October 15, 2007

Daily Kos

Generation Gap?

This is the stuff that gets me going!

"...GOP Lt. Gov. Jim Risch is a dinosaur who writes by hand and uses dictation, doesn't use e-mail, and pays no mind to blogs or online news....
The disgrace of Sen. Larry Craig has put the Idaho race on the Web map, says LaRocco, 61, who announced his campaign on his Web site in April. He's using the Democratic ActBlue.com to raise money, posting campaign video on YouTube.com and courting left-wing bloggers like Joan McCarter at DailyKos.com.
Risch has no plans to blog, post to YouTube or even start using personal e-mail. "It's generational, I suppose," said Risch, 64. "When I want to talk to somebody, I pick up the phone.... I have no plans of penetrating the blogosphere," Risch told me. "I understand there's a lot of chatter about them among politicos like us. But the guy walking down the street who's gonna vote, who's neither a Republican or a Democrat, how many political blogs does that guy visit between now and the day he punches that ballot?"..."


Well, for starters, I'm walking down that street, I'm neither a Republican or a Democrat and I'm visiting political blogs and I'm 67. What I'm not... is living in Idaho. Where dinosaurs still roam.

No comments:

Post a Comment