Thursday, October 18, 2007

Day 3

Ouch! That's the sound I make when I have to buy a simple cup of coffee here in the Magic Kingdom. $2.90. Oh, I could have had a bottle of city water, all done up in a nice plastic container for just $2.75, but I went for the good stuff!

Disneyland is an example of capitalism at its finest. A captive consumer and corporate greed = great profits. Did I mention the $10 tacos?

A little bit later this morning I will walk down the street to a real coffee shop and have a latte for $3.25. The difference being, this coffee shop is located off the premises and must compete for your dollars.

Enough! This is the 'happiest place on earth' and I came here voluntarily. And at 3 this afternoon, we're leaving... for a trip to the airport and home again.

No comments:

Post a Comment