Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Day One is Over

It's early in the morning and I am nursing some sore muscles. Who knew that fun could be painful? But this is the 'happiest place on earth' and I must put on a smile.

Getting here via Southwest was pretty much the experience I expected. Security was bedlam, but once through, it was just a normal bus ride. Except for the fact that the pilot gave grandson Kyle a tour of the cockpit. (I'll post the pictures later) I had no idea that this was even allowed anymore. Allowed or not, it made Kyle's day!

As promised, we were hanging upside down in a roller coaster not too long after arriving at the park. Revelation; it was still fun!

And from the roller coaster we went on to sample a little bit of everything in the California Adventure side of the park, including the Hollywood Hotel Tower of Terror. Now that's fun!
We finished up the day by getting thoroughly soaked on a river ride whose name I have forgotten.

Today is the day for Disneyland proper...and more muscle straining rides.

It's 5 in the morning and I hear a leaf blower outside my window? What? I look down on the scene below and it's a maintenance man with a battery powered insecticide sprayer and a flashlight. He is wandering through the flower beds, catching any napping insects. Of course they can't do that during the day when the park is open. Remember? This is a 'happy place' and the home of "It's a Bug's Life"..so they do it early in the morning when any little Disneyland visitors will be asleep and won't see the death and destruction of their favorite cartoon characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment