Sunday, October 21, 2007

Happy Place

Happy cat; asleep on the chair next to me. All is well in her world. She has me trained well and I respond as needed whenever she calls for me. I should include a photo of her, but black cats are almost impossible to photograph. All their features disappear into the dark fur. When I do take a picture, she resembles a black spot, a mere shadow of herself. Stealth mode.

I’ve ignored the news this morning as most Sunday stories are fluff; unless half of the world disappeared last night. But I did read the Manhattan Beach real estate blog and saw that rentals in the ‘Tree Section’ were into the $8,500 a month range! I seem to remember my parents paying something like $100 a month for a house in the trees. (Pine Ave.) I suppose most peoples childhood homes have remained much the same. Sure, prices may have gone up some, but I expect the hometown atmosphere remained the same. But not Manhattan. Changed and gone forever. I really miss you, Manhattan Beach.

But, one of the stories this morning caught my attention; Romney captures Evangelical support with 27.6 % of the straw poll. Wow! I hope he doesn’t take that check to the bank. And it’s interesting to see 27.6% of the rabid Evangelicals departing from their usual hatred of Mormons. Revelation?

And this story...

Syria Shuts Main Exit From War for Iraqis

By THANASSIS CAMBANIS

Syria has closed its borders to Iraqis and imposed new visa rules that will legally require 1.5 million Iraqis currently in Syria to return to Iraq.

This could be a disaster. 1.5 million very unhappy citizens returning… to what? And why did they leave to begin with? Vacationing in Damascus?

No comments:

Post a Comment