Thursday, October 25, 2007

Radio Days

Yesterday, I ended up my day at the Senior Citizens Thrift Shop, watching as a new roof was being put in place. The weather was perfect for it and it looks like we will be protected from the winter rains; if they come. Then Gary asked me to look at some stuff he had found in the basement. Gary had fallen down the stairs in that same basement last week and had broken his wrist and so I wasn’t sure it was wise to return to the scene of the accident. But he reassured me that he would watch his step this time and when we got down there, he showed me a box filled with old radio tubes, all brand new. At one point in the life of this old building it had been a hardware store and so we figured that they must have had one of those tube testing/tube vending machines and this was some of the old stock for it. I took one of the tubes home and entered the model number into Google and sure enough… I got 28 hits. Yes, there is a market for old radio tubes. Apparently, EBay is the place to sell these things and I’m thinking that we might take the box of tubes to an EBay vendor to sell them for us.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:27 AM

    don't want to bother? It is pretty easy to do it yourself. All you need is a digital camera and a little time. I just sold some VHS tapes on Ebay for $50! It was the Collection of 3 tapes of the Godfather Series, but geez.....$50 for VHS? I started the bidding at 99 cents! Who knew? I could be your Ebay seller, if I had pictures and descriptions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a possibility! I will bring them home today.

    ReplyDelete