Monday, October 29, 2007

Staying on top

Another busy day. I have to go into town (Chico) early and get a pneumonia vaccine injection at the doctor’ office. That’s something new; something I hadn’t heard of before. I had the influenza injection last week and had no problems at all from that, so I am not expecting any difficulties this morning. After that, it’s time for a walking workout in the park… before it rains.

And after reading today’s post from Time Goes By, I have been thinking once more about healthcare in general. (Don’t we all?) And one of the minor irritations of our current healthcare system is the fact that most physicians won’t tell you what to do anymore… they suggest. As if, somehow, we are only slightly less knowledgeable than they. (Darn it! Sometimes I need to be told what to do!)

And in today’s health care climate, you do need to be that knowledgeable. Sad, but true. If you are in need of medical help today, you are also in need of a friend to guide you through the ‘hoops’ and to stay current on what is considered to be good medical practice. And access to the internet is mandatory if you want to stay on top of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment