Sunday, November 25, 2007

The Pond

Weather is on my mind this morning. And not much else. Weather? How very boring. I can’t get my brain engaged for some reason. Is it because we’re near the end of the year and I’ve used up all of the thoughts allotted to me for the year? (I’m really stretching here.) Or, it could be that I’m out of great books to read and that fact has caused a vacuum to form in my brain. Or not.

I have a suspicion that it’s politics that are causing this ennui. He said and she said. They all said. Will any candidate rise out of the scum filled pond that they are all wading in? (And they just got started!)

And then I just read that New Hampshire will most likely be the site for the showdown among the candidates and the ‘peoples choice’ will emerge from that tiny primary. The state holds ½ of 1 percent of the population of the United States. Do you see anything wrong with that picture? With a system like this we are bound to get the president we deserve!

No comments:

Post a Comment